Zip is a special file format used for compressing files. Zip files size in less so that it is easily transferable online or through any media from one computer to other. A zip file can contain one or more file(s) or folders. Password protection files encryption and other Additional advantages make ZIP archives more secure.
But, sometimes the user might face an error 42125 zip archive is corrupted, that stop user to decompress files or opening compressed files or folder. To work properly, it is a must to fix error 42125 zip archive is corrupted.
To solve error 42125 zip archive is corrupted let’s discuss the file compassion mechanism first so that we can understand the problem clearly.
What is file Compression?
According to Layman’s terms, In Zipping the long binary codes and characters in the files are replaced by the special symbol, and this detail is stored in for of Index.
So, the repeat ion of character and binary code stops, and it reduces the file size. Simultaneously, all information is stored in a zip archive, and when the user decompresses the files, binary or characters turn into original form. Defiantly file size reduction or file compression does not reduce the file quality in any way, while its lossless compression.
There are two types of compression we can see 1) Lossless compression (Zipping for example) and lossy compression. JPEG, PNG, MPEG, MP3, and such audio or video formats are examples of lossy compression. The lossy compression mechanism works on objects that humans can’t perceive such as changes in the shades, colors, or transitions between frames in a video.
So, now turn to the main point and that is:
What is error 42125 zip archive is corrupted?
Sometimes when you try to extract or open ZIP files on your device, the Error 42125 ZIP Archive is Corrupted by the flash on the screen.
This error indicates the file(s) or data corrupted so that you are unable to Uncompress the files. The worst thing is that we don’t know the reasons for the ZIP archive error.
So, let’s explain the major factors behind this error occurrence
Causes of error 42125 zip archive are corrupted
- The damaged ZIP archive header is the major cause of this error. The header is corrupt sometimes due to the system’s corrupted registry.
- Virus-infected downloaded ZIP files also show this error, if the installed antivirus is not activated or updated.
- Bad sector on the disk or drive ZIP store.
- Incomplete compression.
- Multiple Shutdowns of the system are also major reasons for this issue.
- File system corruption.
- Low-space on hard disk or drive where you extracting ZIP files.
How to fix error 42125 zip archive is corrupted
Once the files are corrupted, it is required to fix error 42125 in order to access files from Zip file(s). Follow the instructions below:
The first technique to solve error 42125 zip archive is corrupted: Update Driver
- Go to Control Panel and type “Device Manager” in the search bar, and open device manager (see the picture below)
- Double-click on Display adapters to extend it
- Right-Click on the Driver (under the Display Adapters)
- Select the “Update Driver” option from the pop-up menu
- Tick/Click on the “Search automatically for the updated driver software” option in the prompted window.
- To complete the task Follow the further instructions.
The second way to fix error 42125 zip archive is corrupted: Clean System Junk Files
- Go to the search bar and type CMD. Right Click on cmd file, and choose “Run as administrator
- Type Cleanmgr, and press Enter key.
- Choose Drive from Pop-Up Window
- Click on “Yes”
- Choose useless files or folders, click on “Ok” to save the changes and the junk files will be deleted
Third Method to solve error 42125 zip archive is corrupted: Scan and Remove system errors
Mostly, Scan for system error works to fix 42125 zip archive is corrupted error. You can perfume system scan by using of command prompt utility. Steps are given below:
- Run CMD prompt with admin permission as mentioned above.
- Type SFC /SCANNOW, and Hit Enter Key
- Wait for Scan 100% Completed
Hope so above method will fix the error 42125 zip archive is corrupted, but if fail then you have to try reliable ZIP repair software to solve the issue.